April 5-26, 2014
Galleria Duemila, Inc.
210 Loring Street, Pasay City
On April 5, 2014, a consortium of international and Filipino artists will open the “Haiyan International Fundraising Art Exhibition 2014”. This exhibition, which features art works from over 40 international artists and 17 Filipino artists, showcases the support from the art community from around the world for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan.
Each of the artists participating in the “Haiyan International Fundraising Art Exhibition 2014” has contributed an artwork in support of the ongoing relief and reconstruction efforts in the Visayas region.All proceeds from the art works sold during the exhibition will go to MyShelter Foundation, whose Liter of Light program provides low-cost, simple solar lighting to disaster-stricken areas, creating local jobs, teaching green skills, and empowering local communities.
Since Haiyan struck, thousands of people have lived without electricity. As a result, women feel unsafe, children cannot study at night, and households remain dependent on expensive or unreliable forms of lighting (i.e., kerosene, candles) to survive. In the most devastated communities, these alternative energy sources have already run out. MyShelter Foundation was the first organization to respond to the immediate need for lighting in Palo, Leyte, providing the cheapest form of lighting through its Liter of (Night) Lights and street lamps, which were assembled and installed in the community within 40 days of the disaster.
Liter of Light’s efforts to aid the Typhoon Haiyan victims focus on assembling and installing night lights and street lamps for 228 bunkhouses in Leyte and Samar, the areas most affected by Typhoon Haiyan. At a cost of just US $9 per beneficiary, MyShelter Foundation’s Liters of Light will bring light and hope to over 27,000 people displaced and affected by the storm.
- 2015 "Hope", Craig Thomas Gallery, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam (December)
- 2012 “Hands”, Craig Thomas Gallery, HCM city, Vietnam (October)
- 2012 “Strange Dreams”, Ernst & Young Office, One Raffle Quay, Singapore (January).
- 2010 “Dong Bao”, Bui Gallery, Hanoi. (November)
- 2010 “Touch the Glory?” performance, Temple of Literature, Hanoi. (July)
- 2009 “Updated”, L'Espace, Trang Tien, Hanoi. (June)
- 2006 “Rain”, installation exhibition, Bookworm Art Space, Hanoi.
Selected Group Exhibitions
- 2016 “Semangat X”, Petronas Gallery, Suria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (December – February, 2017)
- 2016 “Asia Silklink International Art Exhibition” ASIAE, University Art Museum of Guangzhou Academy of Fine Art, Guangzhou, China (Nov-Dec), Nanjing Museum of Fine Art, China (Dec-Jan)
- 2016 China, South Asia, Southeast Asia International Art Exhibition (Oil paintings), Yunnan Art Museum, China (June)
- 2014 “Sasaran International Art Festival”, Kuala Selangor, Malaysia (December).
- 2013 “SEA+ Triennale”, Indonesia National Art Gallery, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- 2011 “Closer & Closing”, Goyang National Art Studio, Seoul, S-Korea (November)
- 2011 Asia International Art Exhibition 26th, Hangaram Museum, Seoul Art Center (September), Joenbuk Province Museum of Art (October), Korea.
- 2011 Haslla Art World International Residency Program Exhibition, Haslla Museum, Gangneung, Korea (September)
- 2011 “Here, There and Every Where”, Hamden Gallery, UMASS, MA, USA (April)
- 2009 “Asia @ Asia”, Asia International Art Exhibition 24th, National Art Gallery, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (November)
- 2008 “Asia in Harmony”, Asian International Art Exhibition 23rd, The University City Art Museum of Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts, Guangdong, Guangzhou, China.
- 2008 Talent Prize Performance Art, Van Ho Cultural Exhibition Center, Hanoi (October)
- 2008 “Post Doi Moi”, Vietnamese Art after 1990, Singapore Art Museum, Singapore (May)
- 2005 “World of lacquer painting”, Kyoto City International Exchange Hall, Japan Foundation Forum (Tokyo), Sapporo Miyanomori Museum, Japan
Other Group Exhibitions
- 2016 Ketam Art Festival, Pulau Ketam, Klang, Selangor, Malaysia (November & December)
- 2016 "TODAY", Hanoi Creative City, Vietnam (September)
- 2016 SKRU Art Worshop and Exhibition, Songkhla Rajabhat University, Songkhla, Thailand (August)
- 2016 "Echo From Nature", International art exhibition at Vietnam Fine Arts Museum, Hanoi and at Thien Tam Space, Hue city, Vietnam (4/2014)
- 2016 Hanoi March Connecting, International art exhibition and workshop, Vietnam Industrial Fine Arts University, Hanoi, Vietnam (March)
- 2015 “Water Color Exchange Exhibition Vietnam-Malaysia-Thailand”, Vietnam Fine Art Museum, 66 Nguyen Thai Hoc, Hanoi, Vietnam (April)
- 2014 “Haiyan International Fund Raising Art Exhibition”, Galleria Duemila, Inc. 210 Loring Street, Pasay City, Philippines (April)
- 2014 “Coming of Age”, Craig Thomas Gallery, HCM city, Vietnam (June)
- 2014 "Recovery After The Storm", Vietnam Fine Art Museum, 66 Nguyen Thai Hoc, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2014 “What are young artist doing?”, Hanoi Young Artist Club, 16 Ngo Quyen, Hanoi, Vietnam (March)
- 2013 “Christmas Tree Project” with Art Vietnam Gallery and Sofitel Metropole, Hanoi, Vietnam. (December)
- 2013 “Hanoi Grapevine Selection”, Vietnam Fine Art Museum, 66 Nguyen Thai Hoc st, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2013 “Ancient Capital Energy”, Hue, Vietnam (March) b
- 2012 “168h”, Ngo Quyen, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2012 "Buy Bye", Vue de Privee Gallery, Singapore b
- 2011 Gumcheon-Gu Art Festival, Gumcheon-Gu, Seoul (Octorber)
- 2011 Pusan World Open Festival, Pusan Cultural Center grand museum, Pusan, Korea (October)
- 2011 “Here Today, Gone Tomorrow”, Rimbun Dahan, Malaysia (July)
- 2011 “Tiger Translate”, Hoa Lo, Hanoi, Vietnam (April)
- 2010 BC Art Gala, Metropole, Hanoi (October)
- 2009 “ISO 25”, 25 studio, West Lake, Hanoi, Vietnam (9/2009).
- 2009 “Portraits”, Hanoi Young Artist Club, Hanoi, Vietnam (June).
- 2008 Mat Ke, illustrations exhibition, Festival Hue, Hue ancient citadel, Vietnam.
- 2008 Norwegian Folktale Collection, illustrations exhibition, Villa Fridheim Museum, Norway
- 2008 “Continuation”, Hanoi Young Artist Club, 16 Ngo Quyen, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2007 “SPACE + SPACE”, Maison des Arts, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2007 “Print”, Collection of Institute of Vietnamese Contemporary Art, Hanoi, Vietnam (August), China (October)
- 2007 History of BD, L'Espace, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2007 “Len San”, Hanoi Young Artist Club, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2006 “An Appoinment”, Lacquer Tree Gallery, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2004 “Ke Moi”, illustrations exhibition, Festival Hue, Hue ancient citadel, Vietnam.
- 2003 “XYZ”, Hanoi Industrial Fine Art University, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2001 “Asia Vision Art Competition”, Hanoi, Vietnam.
Awards, Residencies & Workshops
- 2011 Goyang National Art Studio art residency program, Korean National Museum of Contemporary Art, South Korea.
- 2011 Haslla Museum International Art Residency, Gangneung, South Korea.
- 2011 Indochina Art Partnership Program, Boston, USA
- 2010 Rimbun Dahan Artist-in-Residence Program, Kuang, Selangor, Malaysia
- 2010 Printmaking, Hanoi Young Artists club, Institute of Vietnamese Contemporary Art, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2009 Witness Collection and Asiarta Foundation Artist-in-Residence, Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2008 Witness Collection Artist-in-Residence, Bangkok, Thailand
- 2001 Encouragement prize in “Asia Vision” Art Prize, 2001.